About this page
The purpose of this page is to serve as a jumping-off point that describes the digital DAQ system in "functional mode slices". That is, taking a case-study approach starting with a desired operational mode and explaining how the hardware/firmware can be set up to do the desired function. Each item on this page links to a separate page with the specific answer.
format of answer pages
Each answer page linked to below should be in a standard format consisting of
- Statement describing exactly what the setup is supposed to do and why this is a useful setup.
- Picture showing what the inputs and outputs to the DAQ are.
- Explanation of which portions of the functionality are handled by the master trigger, the router trigger and the digitizer.
- Specific explanation of what data on each of the interconnecting SERDES links participates in this function.
- Specific explanation of which firmware blocks in each module are used to generate this function.
- Specific links to the formal documentation for further details.
- Explicit new drawings specific to the application that are explained with detailed text to show not only how it works but also how to set it up