The HELIOS Digital DAQ is consist of 5 main devices and 1 computing resource.
- The Digitizers
- DAQ (the data acquisition computer, located at the HELIOS experimental room, near the Digitizers)
- Windows ( the windows XP pc for magnet control, Bias control, Target fan control, & Laser range finder)
- MAC2020 (the iMac that use to do online analysis and remote control of the DAQ)
- MAC2017 (the iMac replace HeliosDB)
- Network Power Switch x 2
- HeliosDB (the Ubuntu pc for database and Grafana, remote to the Windows)
- LCRC ( the super computer cluster provided by ANL, use for data storage and other computation )
Control and Data Flow
Setup of Array-RF TAC
- can we see NIM signals from triggers out of router or master trigger? -- First likely need trigger map for energy signals, e.g., not Internal mode but (TTL or TTCL modes).
- Able to take various data inputs...RF Stop, TAC, MT A/B outputs (w/ or w/ out cfd post-processing...)
Power supply polarities need to be switched to accommodate additional power of new digitizers!
Firmware documentation can be found here File:ANL Firmware for LBL Digitizer June 2015.pdf, this is from the hep/digital gs svn (rev 4129); see DGS SVN Repo for the latest version. This svn repo requires authentication; contact John Anderson for access.
Information on latest digitizer firmware flash / status
Date Firmware Data SVN Location Local Location Notes 10/19/2016 20160717 TBD /home/dgs/firmware_images Done by CRH
-Firmware Flash Notes-
Uses files flash_helios.js asynRecordsHelios.txt and javaCon. These can be found in /home/dgs/tmadden/swWork/workspace/epicsClient/src
10/19/2016 - All digitizers in digios1 have been updated to 20160717. Need a list of all digitizer IDs.
5/28/2016 - Digitizers in F-Wing lab(Last 5 were tested at HEP by SAK, JW, DSG, with help from JTA)
S/N D87, D81, D84, D95, D98, D88, C8, C29, D97, D8D, C46, C42, C5A, 0B2, C37, D89
11/9/2015 - Digitizers in my possession updated to current firmware (DONE IN BOLD - XXX-XXX)
S/N: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 D81', D84, D86, D87, D88, D8A, D8B, D8C, D8D, D8E, D8F, D90, D95, D96, D97, D98, C46, 0C8
6/17/2015 - 3 Digitizers and 2 IOC cables borrowed by DGS/X-Array
S/N D90, D8C, D8B
5/21/2015 - 4 Digitizers were borrowed by DFMA
S/N D86, D8A, D8F, D8E
5/18/2015 - 4 Digitizers were installed in DigiOS
3/1/2015 - 16 Digitizers were delivered by HEP.
S/N: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 D8D, D8C, D8B, D90, D98, D97, D96, D95, D86, D8A, D8F, D8E, + 4 in Digios